• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Host change at Dinner: Impossible

FlourPower

My sweet wife sent me a link to an online article on this whole mess. I just finished reading Mission: Cook two nights ago. I'm more surprized that a publisher didn't do it's fact-checking. I must ashamedly admit that I didn't question of word of it - I guess because it made for good reading.

Fraud or not, I do enjoy most episodes of Dinner: Impossible just because I'm a food-prep junkie.

I still also plan on trying some of the recipes in the book because IMHO he still has something to offer in his actual cooking skills.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

• 1 month later...

Looks like Michael Symon will be taking over the "impossible" role.

As if Michael Symon wasn't busy enough. Cleveland's Mr. Type A of gastronomy is taking on another challenge. He's going to be the host of "Dinner: Impossible," Food Network's third-highest rated show.

Looks like Michael Symon will be taking over the "impossible" role.
As if Michael Symon wasn't busy enough. Cleveland's Mr. Type A of gastronomy is taking on another challenge. He's going to be the host of "Dinner: Impossible," Food Network's third-highest rated show.

Symon mentioned big news on his blog recently so I guess so.

Symon posted about the DI gig on his blog: Big News Times Two.

I am super stoked to take over this show as it is a proven format and I love a good challenge. To make it even more exciting DI will be going to a one hour format and I will have a bunch of my close friends as sous chefs, which should make the show very entertaining and fun.

One of the Food Network's Iron Chefs says he is ready to do the impossible.

The network on Monday announced that Ohio chef Michael Symon will take over as host of the "Dinner: Impossible" series, which challenges its chef to prepare meals under extreme conditions.

Symon, who won the network's The Next Iron Chef competition in 2007 and appears on its Iron Chef America series, replaces Robert Irvine, who left last month following revelations that he'd exaggerated details of resume.

Now THIS could be fun !

Considering we never seem him on ICA, I am looking forward to it as well. Liked the concept, did not like the previous host.

Replaced in the Monkey chatter "nothing done" with that wonderful minaical laugh!!!

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

He stated on his blog that a bunch of new ICAs are either filmed or planned, can't remember.  I think he said six.

He said upwards of TEN, which sounds kind of improbable. How many shows are there in a season? Are the other IC's going on vacation for a year? :biggrin:

I'd hope Wayne Brachman and Gale Gand would make an appearance or two with him. They worked well together on past Food Network shows.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver