• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast or brunch near the Barnes Foundation

hazardnc

Here are some thoughts.

There are two Jewish deli's very close to the Barnes, Murray's and Hymie's. My mother-in-law thinks Murray's is better.

You could go out for a higher end brunch at Jakes in Manayunk, a restaurant that has never disappointed us. If you are willing to travel a little further out to Gulph Mills, Savona does an elegant Sunday brunch.

You mentioned going only as far as Bryn Mawr, but if you are willing to go a little further down Lancaster Ave to Wayne, Theresa's Next Door does Sunday Brunch. We have been there for lunch and it is very good and they have a several page beer and wine menu.

In Manayunk, Chabaa Thai does lunch starting at 1pm and their food is pretty good.

In Wynnewood, Sang Kee Asian Bistro for lunch is a favorite of ours, and close to the Barnes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have not been to Manayunk, so I think we might have to check that out.

I am staying in Conshohocken and the kid is at Haverford, so I just don't want to back track far beyond Bryn Mawr that day.