• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can I store jamon iberico slices in the fridge?

http://www.tienda.com/reference/jamonslicing.html

"Store your boneless jamón in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic."

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

dont place certainty in my answer, but its always been "hah-mohn" to me

Correct pronunciation. I was instructed by a master cortador to keep sliced jamon in the fridge but to take out out about one half hour prior to serving.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Thanks for the info everyone. I did exctly as docsonz suggsted. We are near the end of a great meal with 4 (one guest, two roommates). I had the guest watch Bourdain's Adria special with the jamon. Then when we sat down, the first course was the ham on an oven warmed plate. Delicious.