• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fat Daddio cake pans

JeanneCake

I bought a set of odd-sized square pans (15, 13, 11) from Pfeil and Holing - and they come from Fat Daddio. They seem heavy enough. But the inside corners are "mitered" - meaning they slope and aren't square. I'm so used to my trusty Magic Line pans that I am wondering if I should send these back and just do a special order from Parrish's. I also noticed that P&F has a line of unusual shapes that I get from Australia (such as comma, petal, hexagon, octagon, triangle, cut-corner rectangle, etc) and now I wonder if those are coming from Fat Daddio too.

Has anyone baked in these square pans? What do you think? How do those corners come out? Got any of those odd shapes? Do you like how these pans perform?

I had a sweet cake store buddy send me a fat daddios pan to test for him but it was round. I loved it, performance was great.

I have squared off corners on my square pans. Actually they are a pia to clean but I gladly do it. I use a toothpick to scrub out the goo in the corners.

So I'm kinda no help, but I really liked the round one. I can say that I could not function without the odd and even sized round and square pans.

I checked them out at the store. They look nice; the rectangular ones I was shopping for were a lighter gauge metal the the similar Magic Line pans (which cost a bit more). I went with magic line, but might consider the Dadio's if I had to buy a ton of pans and needed to save money.

Edited by paulraphael (log)

Notes from the underbelly

I have squared off corners on my square pans. Actually they are a pia to clean but I gladly do it. I use a toothpick to scrub out the goo in the corners.

That's exactly how I feel too - I hate cleaning out those corners but that's what I want - straight, square, true corners. I don't want these fake corners in the daddio pan..... whine whine whine :wink:

I don't even want to wash these to try them out.

I got my square and round pans from here.Lloyd Industries they have odd and even sizes and ship very promptly. The corners on the square pans are "square", I have not used magic line so I do not know how they compare directly, but they are heavy and compare well to the rounds that I purshased from a local restauraunt supply store.