• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite ways to use goat milk yogurt?

Sony

Hi All!

I've recently come across a lovely brand of plain goat milk yogurt at a store that is delicious straight out of the carton. Any other ideas for how I can use it? Sweet and savory applications are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
This recipe by Neil Perry will blow your mind! :-) The tastes and textures work perfectly IMO.

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/recipe.asp?id=257

Thanks for the recipe! I would have never thought about putting together a yogurt sauce with eggs! I will make this recipe when my sage plant in back in action....but inspired by the elements of this recipe, I did the following:

-Made a parsley vinaigrette by blending a bunch of parsley with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, blanched garlic cloves and black pepper.

-Set a pool of goat yogurt on the bottom on the plate.

-Dripped the vinaigrette over the yogurt.

-Topped with a poached egg.

-Bread on hand to remove all evidence from my plate. :biggrin:

Thanks for the inspiration,and hope to try the recipe- as given- very soon....

Hi All!

I've recently come across a lovely brand of plain goat milk yogurt at a store that is delicious straight out of the carton. Any other ideas for how I can use it? Sweet and savory applications are welcome!

Back when, when I was a vegetarian, I used to make an eggplant moussaka-like casserole, and I would puree about 1 part chickpeas to 2 parts goat yogurt, as a low fat 'bechamel' topping. Quite tasty and protein-enhanced.

Nowadays, when I splurge the extra $$ for goat yogurt, I tend to just eat it straight!

-Cacao