• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New: Renovación by Enric Rosich

schneich

chef enric rosichs new book with lots of great recipes many of them use molecular ingredients like xanthan, pectin x58, pectin 325 nh, cremodan, agar agar, gellan, carrageen etc. its an really amazing book, i cant wait to do some stuff out of it...

have a look, even though its in spanish its denfinetly worth it

cheers

torsten s.

Edited by schneich (log)

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

Damn. It's in Spanish. Let me know when the translated version comes out.

One thing I am wondering about molecular gastronomy is, how the general public will

take to it. I personally think it's way cool, but I live in an area where people are uber-health

conscious. I'm surrounded by Raw Foodies, Vegans, Vegetarians.......food purists......they

would gasp in horror at words like xanthan, pectin x58, pectin 325 nh, cremodan, agar agar, gellan, and carrageenan.......of course, I do believe all of these things are essentially "natural" aren't they?

I think making food into mini-science experiments would be ultimately fun.

i already emailed chef rosich, he answered right away, maybe i can get him to give me the recipes in .pdf format, so the autotranslation is less painful... :-) so everyone "not spanish" could get them as well. i think this book is really worthwile, it shares the same qualities as the ramon morato book, the peter greweling book and the angelo corvitto book...

cheers from cologne

t.

p.s. maybe i could even get him to join egullet :-) that´l be cooool :-)

toertchen toertchen

cologne, germany

Sorry, I should have been more clear Alana. mr poor syntax when I shouldn't be at the computer to begin with...I know what insipid means but what the heck is gelificante vegetal sosa? sosa most likely not being translated correctly.

www.adrianvasquez.net

Amigos, por favor ...

Try this link: http://www.sosa.cat

The website is in three languages. I'm guessing,  "gelificante vegetal sosa" may mean vegetable gelling agent, made by Sosa??

Since Sosa is a spanish firm specializing in hydrocolloids for making pastries/desserts I think you have have the answer there.

I got their catalogue by mailing and asking nicely. Glossy paper, four color and lots of recipes.

actually i have this stuff on my shelf. its what it says a vegetabile gelatine, which gels as fast as gellan (seconds) afaik its made of carrageen, xanthan and gellan... !? it has a slightly salty bytaste that if you go for intense flavors is neglectable. its quite a cool product, and can be ordered at:

www.bosfood.de

cheers

t.

toertchen toertchen

cologne, germany

Got an email from Montagud saying don't hold your breath for an English version of the book.

Does Locust Bean Gum & Carrageenan have a definite use-by-date?

Got tubs of both that state end of this month.

Should I keep or replace?

Edited by adey73 (log)

Got an email from Montagud saying don't hold your breath for an English version of the book.

enric rosich quoted:

Hello: Estimated friend, I have to say to you that "Renovation" is

translated into the French and into the English and that will be on the

market this May - June.

that much said for the montagud people...

cheers

t.

toertchen toertchen

cologne, germany

• 4 months later...

enric rosich quoted:

market this May - June.

cheers

t.

Still not out, do you have any new information?

• 1 month later...

Schneich, can you mail him again and ask if the book will be availible soon?

tx

enric rosich quoted:

market this May - June.

cheers

t.

Edited by afoodie (log)

cremodan 64 was available from Paris Gourmet when they carried the Patis France line, dont know what its called since they switched over to mec3. I'll ask my rep

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday i mailed to chef Rosich myself asking him about if there will be a English version of the book, just a few hours later i got the answer:

Hola, buenas noches desde España-Barcelona.

Me agrada mucho saber que hay personas que se interesan por mi trabajo desde la otra parte del mundo, y os doy las gracias, muchas gracias.

Por lo de la traducción no te puedo contestar porque no lo se pero puedes mandar un mail al editor y preguntarlo de primera mano. así haces presión al igual que otros tantos pasteleros que así lo desean, una traducción al inglés.

el mail para tu pregunta es c.pujals@montagud.com, o j.antoja@montagud.com o f.marfull@montagud.com ya me contarás...

bueno para cualquier cuestión nos podemos comunicar por mail y el traductor en red.

un saludo.

Enric Rosi

Hello, good evening from Barcelona, Spain.

I am very pleased to know that there are people who care about my work from the other side of the world, and I thank you, thank you very much.

With the translation I can not answer because I do not know but you can send a mail to the editor and ask first hand. Pressure to do well like so many other pastry chefs who so wish, an English translation.

the mail to your question is c.pujals @ montagud.com, or j.antoja montagud.com or f.marfull @ @ montagud.com already told me ...

good for any question we can communicate by mail and the translator network.

a greeting.

Enric Rosich

So i guess i have to by the Spanish one a fight myself trough the online translation.....

montagud is pretty good about English.

Their site advertises it in a big way.The site page

Good luck!

This is the answer from MONTAGUD......:

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, we don’t consider translating the book Renovación into English by the moment. Instead, a French version of it is being prepared and is to be released in 2009.