• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Degel from La Face Cachee de la Pomme

rubyred

Has anyone tried this?

It's the second pressing of the apples they use to make the good stuff. It has 12% alcohol, which I think is lower than the original cider. It does have good flavor, mind I'd like to try the two side by side for a proper comparison.

Oh yeah, the Degel is just $11. Eleven bucks!

Yes, I've tried it several times.

It's a clean fresh taste. Don't know if I believe it's from the second pressing after they pressed for Ice Cider. At 12 % alcohol the initial sugars don't add up. So maybe they Chapitalize (add sugar). Anyway... it's good, clean product.

Check out Ciderie Minot..... they have some nice traditional ciders including a Rosé Sparkling at about 7 % alcohol, perfect for summertime sipping.

There are actually quite a few traditional Quebec ciders that are worth checking out!

Did anybody go to the Mondial des cidres de glace Mondial des cidres de glace over the weekend

It was nice to see some of the producers that don't normally get some of the limelight, a couple of really distinctive products like the cider from Leduc-Piedimonte, made from spartan and empire apples, it really tastes a lot different than whats out there and also from Clos Saragnat. I finally got to try the whole lineup from Face cachée de la pomme , Neige Éternelle was the standout, it has spicy flavour of cloves or allspice with a really nice mouthfeel almost like apple compote. They did not have the dégel but i've tried it before and for the price it's a really good buy .

http://directionsinfood.blogspot.com/

Criklewood - I wish I could have gone to that event, but I had to work! I'm glad to know you enjoyed it; I'll be sure to look out for it next year.

I had the Degel again this weekend and I think I'm developing a crush. I'm looking forward to bringing it to a BYOB restaurant this weekend. I go through phases with favorite foods, looks like a have a new one!