• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near the Surrey Art Gallery

Paul B

Six of us are going to make the trek out to Surrey on Saturday to see the Jane Cardiff, Forty-Part Motet show. Afterwards we want to grab dinner, perhaps at one of Surrey's Indian restaurants. Any suggestions? The gallery is in Bear Creek Part at the corner of King George Highway and 88.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul B

Asian Spice in the same mall as Mahek is worth a try too. It is Chinese/Indian fusion.

Surrey has pretty good pho if you are interested. But they are in an even scarier part of town. Try Pho Tau Bay (108 ave and 148 st, look for a Mac's convenience store) and Pho Tam (King Georg and 103 I think).

Seriously, no.

But Pho Tam is right beside Central City skytrain. Lots of sketchy people around. I believe there was an attack a while back in bear creek park, so it has a bad name. But hey, why venture into the park after dark?

In Central City and Bear Creek areas of Surrey I always carry tactical level brightness flashlights from Surefire. It's enough to light up someone from across a field or blind temporarily at close range. Usually that's enough to make people leave you alone.

I second the recommendation for Mahek. They have decent indian food at good prices, the Mahek preset dinner being an overly large meal of many favourites at less than $20 I think.

Pho Tam has decent pho, but isn't a great place for a nice meal. It's more of a casual lunch spot.