• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mozzarella question

Harry91

So I want to do a play on a capresi salad (the one with tomato and mozz cheese and some basil). Here's my idea: somehow "inflate" a ball of mozzarella so I have an inflated ball with a hollow center. I then want to fill the "ball" with some type of tomato foam, and finish it with some crushed basil or fried or some other version of basil.

I just can't figure out how to inflate a ball of mozz. I would think an air compressor would work, but I would need to heat the ball very slowly, until it was just able to expand. I was thinking maybe doing the process in a 250 F oven, so the whole ball was evenly warmed.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Talk someone into selling you some curd...wherever you are getting fresh mozz should have it.

Then start at the begining...hot water - stir gently till its ready to stretch. Pull a ribbon, fill and twist it off

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association