• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating Lunch Around Capogiros?

mmm_chocolate

Where can a group of 8 have a light lunch in the few blocks surrounding the 13th & Sansom Capogiros (Capogiros is the reason for the outing)? I'm planning on taking my group to El Vez tomorrow, mainly because it's right there. I like El Vez, but really would be interested in exploring options. What else is around there?? We are looking for light lunch fare, not too $$. Any suggestions are welcome, even if its for next time.

Thanks

Michelle

"He was a very valiant man who first adventured on eating oysters." - King James I

Caribou Cafe is right around the corner on Walnut Street, has a great lunch and has some larger tables upstairs that would accommodate 8 people. Slightly further down on Walnut is the Marathon Grill which also has a nice lunch and could probably accommodate 8 people upstairs.

Where can a group of 8 have a light lunch in the few blocks surrounding the 13th & Sansom Capogiros (Capogiros is the reason for the outing)?  I'm planning on taking my group to El Vez tomorrow, mainly because it's right there.  I like El Vez, but really would be interested in exploring options.  What else is around there??  We are looking for light lunch fare, not too $$.  Any suggestions are welcome, even if its for next time.

Thanks

Michelle

What are you looking for exactly? I actually really like the sandwiches at Capogiro.

And, just to beat the madding 'Gullet crowds to the punch, Reading Terminal Market - and its million billion trillion zillion lunch options - are only three blocks away.