• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Divorce Cake?

ohmyganache

The "Divorced Eggs" served at a restaurant near me feature two fried eggs, separated by beans, and with enchilada sauce on one and tomatillo sauce on the other (red, green).

Perhaps you could do the upsidedown wedding cake, decorated in two totally incompatible styles (half each).

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

I remember reading once (only I dont remember where I read it) - of an idea based on the doll/ bean twelfth night cake .... have a doll's head (= the ex-groom's head) in the cake, and whoever gets it, wins a prize.

Would probably be a giggle at an an all-girls celebration.

Happy Feasting

Janet (a.k.a The Old Foodie)

My Blog "The Old Foodie" gives you a short food history story each weekday day, always with a historic recipe, and sometimes a historic menu.

My email address is: theoldfoodie@fastmail.fm

Anything is bearable if you can make a story out of it. N. Scott Momaday