• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

miracle fruit tablets

mjmchef

I have been in tokyo for about a month now and hade the infamous miracle fruit berry. I wanted to buy the tablets and looked at the miracle fruit website but it seems they were out of stock. Any info on where I might be able to get them here in Tokyo? alos looking for Soy salt. Bought some home type one from south Japan but it wasn't the same. I read of a place called miracle fruit cafe that I will check out tomorrow in namjatown. Thanks for the help.

I've never heard of "Miracle Fruit Tablet"

According to this website, the manufacturer will stop the sales of this product. The site says that due to the large typhoon this year (which year? 2006?), the farmers in Taiwan cannot harvest miracle fruits.

「ミラクルフルーツタブレット」販売中止のお知らせ!

日ごろより「ミラクルフルーツタブレット」をご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

まことに勝手ながら「ミラクルフルーツタブレット」の販売を一時的に中止させていただきます。

<販売中止理由>

今年の大型台風の影響で、「ミラクルフルーツタブレット」の原料であるミラクルフルーツの実が台湾の契約農家で収穫ができないため、販売を一時的に中止させていただきます。

What is Soy salt?

miracle fruit is a berry basically that we get from africa that makes sour things like lemons, limes anything bitter taste sweet thus the miracle part. the tablets we saw come in a tray of 10. I am aware of the typhoon but I know we still get the fresh ones. I wanted to take them back to the states but the fresh doesn't have a long shelf life. Going to miracle fruit cafe today to see if they know where I can get the tablets. Thanks for the help.

I wanted to take them back to the states but the fresh doesn't have a long shelf life.

If you're concerned about finding them in the U.S., don't worry, they're here!

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.