• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One Bite

Has anyone been to One Bite, lately? I *thought* there was a thread on this already, but I couldn't find one. Please merge if there is one started.

I just looked at the restaurant's menu and am disconcerted by the strange and profuse use of cheese (with and in everything from pork to short-grained rice).

I'd *like* to think that I've found a traditional Japenese izakaya...

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Has anyone been to One Bite, lately?  I *thought* there was a thread on this already, but I couldn't find one.  Please merge if there is one started. 

I  just looked at the restaurant's menu and am disconcerted by the strange and profuse use of cheese (with and in everything from pork to short-grained rice). 

Zeemanb and I went there about 2 weeks ago. I really like the food. I doubt its traditional anything though. Its like some concoctions I make at 3 am after serious drinking. In a good way,of course.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

Has anyone been to One Bite, lately?  I *thought* there was a thread on this already, but I couldn't find one.  Please merge if there is one started. 

I  just looked at the restaurant's menu and am disconcerted by the strange and profuse use of cheese (with and in everything from pork to short-grained rice). 

Zeemanb and I went there about 2 weeks ago. I really like the food. I doubt its traditional anything though. Its like some concoctions I make at 3 am after serious drinking. In a good way,of course.

Well, in a strange way, Japanese izakaya is sorta that greasy after-drinking sop up food. But cheese..... with pork and rice? It may be good (after a few beers/cocktails/bottles of wine), but certainly not Japanese.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

It's about 3 minutes from my house and I still have yet to go there.

At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since. ‐ Salvador Dali

I don't recall there being a lot of cheese on anything we had.  Some mayo stuff, no cheese.

Mine was made with bacon, corn and cheese....definitely after-hours food. Just not my thing, at least the dish I had. Out of everything they served I liked those little fried sweet potato (?) chips that came out before the meal.

Edited by Zeemanb (log)

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

• 1 month later...

My youngest daughter attended a birthday party at Incredibowl this afternoon, so Brianne and I hit One Bite for lunch after dropping her off. We both had teriyaki, her chicken, me pork. Served with two pot stickers, salad, veggies, and we upgraded from rice to udon noodles. Pretty good stuff, a little expensive for lunch, but everything was tasty.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.