• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add chickpeas

And two more, also from Polpo

Top: Rocket and walnut pesto crostini.  Equal weights of arugula and walnuts go into the food processor with Parmesan, garlic, S&P and enough olive oil to make a spreadable paste.  I added the juice and zest of half a lemon to brighten it up. Since arugula is readily available for much of the year in my area, this is a nice pesto alternative when basil is out of season. 

IMG_9123.thumb.jpg.7be73bc3022a728637d47aa333854af2.jpg

Bottom: Anchovy and chickpea crostini.  This was one of those recipes I had to try. 10 anchovies + some of their oil go into the food processor with a single can of chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, a little tahini and olive oil.  I thought it would be anchovy overkill but it was not. 

Both of these spreads can be made ahead and stored in the fridge or even freezer for longer term. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

And two more, also from Polpo

Top: Rocket and walnut pesto crostini.  Equal weights of arugula and walnuts go into the food processor with Parmesan, garlic, S&P and enough olive oil to make a spreadable paste.  I added the juice and zest of half a lemon to brighten it up. Since arugula is readily available for much of the year in my area, this is a nice pesto alternative when basil is out of season. 

IMG_9123.thumb.jpg.7be73bc3022a728637d47aa333854af2.jpg

Bottom: Anchovy and chickpea crostini.  This was one of those recipes I had to try. 10 anchovies + some of their oil go into the food processor with lemon juice, parsley, a little tahini and olive oil.  I thought it would be anchovy overkill but it was not. 

Both of these spreads can be made ahead and stored in the fridge or even freezer for longer term.