• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Muncie Indiana eats

elfin

Spending a weekend in Muncie IN and wondered if there are any not to miss places to eat. I will be with my family (two kids) and we are adventerous diners from Chicago. Any good hole in the wall BBQ places? Any dining rec is most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}

I'd be curious too, as my many trips to that area have been just terrible, food-wise. I've never found anything of note to eat there but I'll admit that I haven't looked very hard, either.

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

I'd be curious too, as my many trips to that area have been just terrible, food-wise.  I've never found anything of note to eat there but I'll admit that I haven't looked very hard, either.

By way of preface, I don't know anything about food in Muncie, which is about 40 miles northeast of Indianapolis. However, over the years I have been a frequent visitor to Indy and towns west of Indy. I used to think of that area as terrible, food-wise, too, but no more! There is much more variety now and the quality has increased dramatically. In Indy, my dinner at Oakley's Bistro was one of my top ten of last year (better than Vie!), and I've enjoyed delicious meals at 14 West and the Oceanaire. I've also found a really great B&B in Terre Haute that serves dinner to non-guests on some evenings. All of these places have opened within the past 5-6 years.

Edited by nsxtasy (log)