• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lenotre hits our shores!

Hi everyone,

The Lenotre group, mostly known for their awesome patisserie, have reached Australia. If I remember rightly, they're a part of the Accor group, which runs Sofitel, and was introduced at the start of last year in the Hotel Sofitel in Sydney. I'm not sure how long ago, but they're also come to Melbourne now. I'd love to go sometime but am overseas but would love to hear what it's like. Has anyone been?

I had the luxury of visiting their factory outside Paris a few years ago, if that is anything to go by, they will be welcome in Australia, although some locals can replicate their product very well !!

Hi everyone,

The Lenotre group, mostly known for their awesome patisserie, have reached Australia. If I remember rightly, they're a part of the Accor group, which runs Sofitel, and was introduced at the start of last year in the Hotel Sofitel in Sydney. I'm not sure how long ago, but they're also come to Melbourne now. I'd love to go sometime but am overseas but would love to hear what it's like. Has anyone been?

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Sofitel for their Lenotre high tea last April. It was prettily done and the service was friendly. Unfortunately, the finger sandwiches were far more delicious than the lovely-looking but average-tasting pastries and cakes. I would go back again because we had a very girly good time but would look to one of the better patisseries in Sydney to fulfil my cravings.

The secret of cooking is the release of fragrance and the art of imparting it. - Patience Gray

• 2 months later...
I went to the Sofitel for their Lenotre high tea last April. It was prettily done and the service was friendly. Unfortunately, the finger sandwiches were far more delicious than the lovely-looking but average-tasting pastries and cakes. I would go back again because we had a very girly good time but would look to one of the better patisseries in Sydney to fulfil my cravings.

Yeah lenotre isnt the best option anywhere for pastry, stuff is just ok, not really worth the trip if your just going for sweet....... its ok to hang out for espresso ect.