• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mario from Fererra @ Bronte

Culatello

I've been hearing about Mario the ex- Maitre D' of Cafe Fererra joining the team @ Bronte.

Since I started my career in this biz I would ask waiters and maitre d's who is the best ( Manager) Maitre D' in the city and everyone would reply Mario from Luna, Milo's , Cafe Fererra .

I have much respect for that profession we always hear about the chef's but very little about The main guy or gal running the FLOOR

The Maitre D' as i like to still call them are a rare breed in our world they are the link from the dining room to the Chef ,

Every great chef dream's of working with a top Maitre D' so if this is true Joe Mercurie @ Bronte has added a great piece to his resturant.

has anyone heard of this.

Edited by Culatello (log)

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .