• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's good in Wayne?

LJC

Can anyone suggest a decent place in or around Wayne.  I checked the NJ Zagats and all they list for Wayne is Cheesecake Factory.

I grew up in Wayne and it's been a while but one of my favorite places to eat was actually in Oakland - right next to Wayne - just up Rt 202 off of Hamburgh Tpk. I haven't been there in a few years because I live in California now but you may want to check it out.

Portobello 155 Ramapo Valley Rd , Oakland, NJ Phone - (201) 337-8990

There is a new Spanish restaurant in Pompton Lakes on Wanaque Ave

called Villa Madrid...quite tasty especially their sauces, BYO and inexpensive

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

E & V's is right on the Wayne/Paterson border (just remember it's cash only). Good food, huge portions & very local atmosphere.

I've had decent meals at what used to be the French Hill Inn, now called Tavern 344 I believe. (we particularly like the atmosphere since it's usually not packed & you can linger a while).

If you like sushi, everyone seems to love Nori on Berdan Ave.. I have yet to go so I can't personlly comment.

Try Lu Nello's. It moved from Totowa to Cedar Grove. The singing waiters are amusing and the food is amazing. I was very impressed. My first time I played it safe by ordering a pasta dish. It was incredible. The sauce was not watered down and the pasta was actually silky and not sticky and chewy. My second time, I ordered mostly specials. I would suggest everyone to order from the specials. It changes daily and the flavors were so wonderful!