• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

River Cottage on FoodTV.ca

Anna N

Anyone else notice that River Cottage will be on FoodTV.ca? Might be more interesting than the dreck that is currently on the schedule click.

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is back with a brand new series. Convinced that the River Cottage "grow your own" philosophy has something to offer everyone, he's bringing his message to the masses.

Each week Hugh invites a different group of urban dwelling fast food loving and convenience obsesses non-cooks to spend a week at his new River Cottage HQ. It's a clash of food cultures, as they come to the farm, meet the livestock, learn to dig, grow and forage, and even kill for a meal they can truly call their own.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

This is exciting news. I've got the River Cottage Cookbook and his Meat cookbook and I find him interesting to read.

Nice to see something on FN that should generate some discussion.

I've got the whole series and they are great fun to watch. This one comes in after all his other shows about establishing River Cottage. (I don't recall if they were ever shown on the Food Channel here).

Not my favourite of all his shows but still miles above most of the stuff we currently have.

My other favourites are all the Rick Stein series up to British Food Heroes.

I've got the whole series and they are great fun to watch. This one comes in after all his other shows about establishing River Cottage. (I don't recall if they were ever shown on the Food Channel here).

Not my favourite of all his shows but still miles above most of the stuff we currently have.

My other favourites are all the Rick Stein series up to British Food Heroes.

Thanks! I will definitely try to watch this one!

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog