• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Napoleon Bakery

Am I the only person who's noticed a "For Sale" outside of this landmark bakery?

Nope, it's been there for about six months.

So, what gives? Are they looking to fold, re-locate, or sell their business to another baker?

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

They've already folded.  Sorry, didn't mean to be short.  There was some coverage in The Star in August, I think.  I was looking for this thread on KCRag, too but couldn't find it before.

It sounds like the owners had some health problems, needed to close up shop, and have been unable to sell.

Aaron's right - I was hoping someone would step-up and keep it going in reasonably similar fashion but, alas, no one has. I've not heard an update but it was for health reasons and not likely to be reversed. Our loss.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher