• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's New in Kitchen Gadgets?

Kerry Beal

I think they re molds for ground meat(s)

not a bad idea , really  

not that I have one ....

I do like the hot dog ' grover '

"  slotDog '

dare you to go through the pics on the L of the link above

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

I think they re molds for ground meat(s)

not a bad idea , really  

not that I have one ....

I do like the hot dog ' grover '

I see.  So it's a hotdog shaped hamburger.  I think you could just make that using your hands lol.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I see.  So it's a hotdog shaped hamburger.  I think you could just make that using your hands lol.

Yes, but what would be the fun of that?  :P  

• Like 3

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

You could also make it out of sausage or grind meats extra fine, with out without "fillers" and make something resembling a hot dog.

Of course, if you have a meat grinder and a sausage stuffer, you could make a real hot dog in a casing.

• Like 3

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

11 hours ago, chromedome said:

Evidently there's a market for hamburgers that resemble dog turds. It's a wonderful world we live in. :P

Olympic Golf Club, site of US Opens and a great course, serves tube burgers like this at its halfway house. An institution there. Guests MUST eat one and rave about it. So revered by the locals that Johnny Miller brought them to Silverado Resort when he bought the joint.

They end up being quite nice Medium to Well burgers.

But not great as burgers go. But not terrible at all.

• Like 2

The "60-second Salad Maker" on Kickstarter:

"60 Second Salad Maker - Healthy, fresh salads made easy!"

There's a video showing how easy it is to use.

It's not likely I would be one of the donors as making a salad isn't really a problem for me.

This device also makes me wonder what the plastic is doing to my knife's edge as I slice through it repeatedly.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

2 minutes ago, Toliver said:

The "60-second Salad Maker" on Kickstarter:

"60 Second Salad Maker - Healthy, fresh salads made easy!"

There's a video showing how easy it is to use.

It's not likely I would be one of the donors as making a salad isn't really a problem for me.

This device also makes me wonder what the plastic is doing to my knife's edge as I slice through it repeatedly.

Oh dear.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I love this

" Party Fresh Salad "   

60 sec.

Fine , medium , oir a bit more coarse.

Id look into the Party that comes w this first.

BTW  they wanted 5 K

they have $ 304, 717.

still Id like to hear more about the Party.

this may not be as dumb as it looks  like at first glance.

its 14 bucks now , but was 12 bucks for those w early insight.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

if this really really works  its brilliant thinking  

apparently it not going to be made of the white stuff so you have to read down a bit :

""   

IMPORTANT: The white prototype seen in the video was Laser 3D printed from nylon. The finished production product will be injection molded from BPA-free, food grade materials. The top will be transparent, while the cutting base is light green BPA-free HDPE (cutting board material). Thanks in advance for your support!

""

41 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I am not getting this one. seems slower and harder than a knife and a cutting board.

But you gotta love the part where she is sweating and her hair is all messy because she's using a knife and a cutting board! 

• Like 9

Ha Ha.   Ya'All

this has its place.   not with me , I enjoy my knife skills.

many don't .

however , this won't work very well for them , even is expertly crafted and made.

Why ?   those people have crapy dull knives.  

they should be getting Take-Out.

12 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Ha Ha.   Ya'All

this has its place.   not with me , I enjoy my knife skills.

many don't .

however , this won't work very well for them , even is expertly crafted and made.

Why ?   those people have crapy dull knives.  

they should be getting Take-Out.

I have to agree with you on this. The salad looks to me as though it is just crushed.  But given the amount of money pledged I am forced to admit that we may be voices crying in the wilderness.  I cannot quite see either how it might help anyone struggling with hand issues. 

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

This Limited Edition All Black KitchenAid Stand Mixer is giving me life right now. If only I had a spare $1k laying around...

Artisan® Black Tie Limited Edition 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer

Introducing, in 2017, the first annual, limited edition stand mixer. The KitchenAid® Artisan® Black Tie Limited Edition Stand Mixer is made with all black finishes and premium materials, including die cast zinc, satin and black chrome. Made to celebrate the passionate maker who appreciates the art of culinary creations and a bold,new design. Only 500 produced in the U.S., each individually numbered and only available for purchase on Kitchenaid.com.

Edited by natasha1270 (log)
  • Like 3
"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

31 minutes ago, natasha1270 said:

This Limited Edition All Black KitchenAid Stand Mixer is giving me life right now. If only I had a spare $1k laying around...

I am absolutely positive that my snickerdoodles will turn out so much better in a BLACK one of these.   I can already hear the cheers.

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog

On 1/25/2017 at 11:06 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Yes, but none of these responses help.  I had a generic aluminum potato ricer years ago but my question is:  where is the WMF made?

Are not they required to say?

If it was made prior to 1960, then no.  After 1960 one choice MFGs have is a sticker. Most likely the sticker would have been long since removed.

• Like 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;