• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beer Bars

GordonCooks

As a recent lover of craft beers and ales, I must say Philadelphia is truly a mecca for people like myself. I've always loved Monk's Cafe and their huge list but visited a place in Old City on Friday called Eulogy Belgian Tavern - another massive list and excellent food to boot served until 1:00 a.m. Another recommendation for TRIA - a Beer and Cheese bar (wine as well) didn't get a chance to stop but I received multiple recommendations from the locals

Be sure to check out C'est What next time you are in Toronto. It is easy to get to on Front Street. They sell lots of great craft brews, may locals and some from afar. They have several casks on hand most of the time as well. It is my favourite beer destination in Toronto!!

http://www.cestwhat.com/

I have heard great things about the beer scene in Philadelphia and would love to visit someday. The forum last year on Friday the Firkenteenth is what led me to discover C'est What.

Cheers

Be sure to check out C'est What next time you are in Toronto. It is easy to get to on Front Street. They sell lots of great craft brews, may locals and some from afar. They have several casks on hand most of the time as well. It is my favourite beer destination in Toronto!!

I have heard great things about the beer scene in Philadelphia and would love to visit someday. The forum last year on Friday the Firkenteenth is what led me to discover C'est What.

Cheers

The Grey Lodge Pub in Philly also celebrates Friday the Firkenteenth. Then there's Philly Beer Week coming up. Yeah I love it here.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

• 4 months later...

Cheers

The Grey Lodge Pub in Philly also celebrates Friday the Firkenteenth. Then there's Philly Beer Week coming up. Yeah I love it here.

Anyone make it to the Lodge this month for the only Friday the Firkenteenth of 2008? I drove by but the parking situation made me do a double take, (already parking in the middle of the street and there was a queue out the door... ) .