• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crosnes

We live in Eastbourne. I love crosnes (chinese artichokes) but could not find them anywhere last year. I really want to get some, does anyone have any ideas where I could find them in the Sussex area - I would be prepared to go to London for them as well.

Alternatively, as we have an allotment, does anyone have any experience of growing them ?

clearly I meant off-topic there...

www.diariesofadomesticatedgoddess.blogspot.com

We live in Eastbourne. I love crosnes (chinese artichokes) but could not find them anywhere last year. I really want to get some, does anyone have any ideas where I could find them in the Sussex area - I would be prepared to go to London for them as well.

Alternatively, as we have an allotment, does anyone have any experience of growing them ?

clearly I meant off-topic there...

We got some this week from Wild Harvest in London. www.wildharvestuk.com

You can grow them from seed, a local school is groing them for us- I'll see if I can find out where they got the seeds for them.

http://www.allium.uk.net

http://alliumfood.wordpress.com/ the alliumfood blog

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming - Whey hey what a ride!!!, "

Sarah Poli, Firenze, Kibworth Beauchamp

Further to the above, damn that site - fiddlehead ferns ! Hopefully the bank manager will extend my overdraft :biggrin:

Doh ! Just realised I was looking at the USA one. :sad: I love fiddleheads.

Edited by Fibilou (log)

www.diariesofadomesticatedgoddess.blogspot.com