• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Adria goes global

John Whiting

This press release just arrived from Food4Media.
From January 2008, Harvey Nichols will exclusively launch a range of naturally aromatic olive oils created by Ferran Adria of El Bulli Restaurant, priced at £6.50 (200ml). In partnership with expert Spanish oil-maker Borges, the Michelin starred chef has devised eight different infused oils and dressings to accompany an assortment of dishes.
Does foam freeze? :biggrin:

John Whiting, London

Whitings Writings

Top Google/MSN hit for Paris Bistros

This press release just arrived from Food4Media.
From January 2008, Harvey Nichols will exclusively launch a range of naturally aromatic olive oils created by Ferran Adria of El Bulli Restaurant, priced at £6.50 (200ml). In partnership with expert Spanish oil-maker Borges, the Michelin starred chef has devised eight different infused oils and dressings to accompany an assortment of dishes.
Does foam freeze? :biggrin:

It's not a recent product, curious that only now it arrives in the UK. Some are very good indeed, like the Vanilla one (with an entire vanilla pod inside) and some are awful, like the garlic one (garlic adds an oxidated flavour to the olive oil).

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Vserna - I picked up a bottle of the basil one while in London last weekend and wasn't blown away by it. It was good/fine...but I wouldn't make the effort to pick it up again next time I was there. (had dinner guests try it as well who felt about the same way)

52 martinis blog

@52martinis

These products have been available in the Canadian market (Vancouver) for the last three years. I have the vanilla and chili-cardamom in our kitchen at the moment.

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG