• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fiestaware Shoppin'

So I think it's finally time for me to retire the chipped and mismatched plates and bowls and get a real grown-up set.

So the question is, where can I go to get a full set of Fiestaware without paying the crazy NYC prices? I'm not looking for seconds or factory imperfects, I just don't want to overpay for a chic boutique. Also, I'd rather stay in Manhattan since I have to schlep the things home.

thanks,

What about eBay?

Ebay sells mostly seconds. I think the OP said they didnt want any seconds.

I bought a set of 4 dinner plates( seconds) on Ebay and I love them. They dont seem like seconds though( no visible marks, imperfections).

A cursory online search finds Macy's, as MtheC pointed out, has Fiesta on sale. Their place setting is a 4-pc., with a mug rather than cup & saucer. JC Penney also has Fiesta on sale, a 5-pc. place setting, cup & saucer rather than mug. One or the other might have an exclusive color, or not.

Do the big boxes like Bed, Bath & c. and Linen's & c. carry Fiesta?

Shipping to the door might be convenient, esp. if one is buying a quantity.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

On eBay you have to be sure you don't buy the much more expensive vintage Fiesta -- the stuff that was sold starting in the 1930s and was discontinued in the 1960s or so.

If you're looking for the new Fiesta, cash and carry in New York, go to Linens 'n Things. I don't think they have a store in Manhattan, but probably in an outer borough and certainly in NJ. You'll save on tax in NJ.

The Homer Laughlin website has a list of stores where you can buy Fiesta

You won't save any money buying online anywhere. The shipping costs for heavy dishes will balance out any savings.

Buy in person at a discount dept store for the best prices.

Edited by grumpy7 (log)