• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good eats before a Seattle Symphony?

I am going to heading down to Benaroya Hall on Thursday, staying at the Sheraton hotel. Originally I had planned to eat at Union, but my partner doesn't seem too interested in the menu.

Is there anything else on the way from the Sheraton to Benaroya Hall (and one to two blocks around that Hall) that I should be aware of? Restaurants in the area I have found are Wild Ginger, Palomino, Shez Chea, Brooklyn Seafood and Steakhouse, Il Bistro, Maximilien, Typhoon, and Ipanema Grill.

Are any of those restaurants not worth visiting? It's hard to narrow down the list by just looking at menus on websites, without really seeing the atmosphere or food presentation.

Also, does anyone know if walking to and from the Sheraton to Benaroya Hall is manageable? Or is it quite a distance?

I know you said your date isn't excited about Union but I would agree with DRC that it is by far the best food of all the places you have named. If not Union I would go to Matt's in the Market, Chez Shea, Cafe Campagne or Il Bistro (but I have not eaten here in years)

After several of you recommended I reconsider Union, I began to read a little about it. Is it correct that they change the menu daily, so what's on the website is not neccessarily served each night?

I do like the fact that it is so close to the Hall...

I am going to heading down to Benaroya Hall on Thursday, staying at the Sheraton hotel.  Originally I had planned to eat at Union, but my partner doesn't seem too interested in the menu.

Is there anything else on the way from the Sheraton to Benaroya Hall (and one to two blocks around that Hall) that I should be aware of?  Restaurants in the area I have found are Wild Ginger, Palomino, Shez Chea, Brooklyn Seafood and Steakhouse, Il Bistro, Maximilien, Typhoon, and Ipanema Grill.

Are any of those restaurants not worth visiting?  It's hard to narrow down the list by just looking at menus on websites, without really seeing the atmosphere or food presentation.

Also, does anyone know if walking to and from the Sheraton to Benaroya Hall is manageable?  Or is it quite a distance?

I think that your partner should consider Union. Just twist his or her arm a little.