• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gottino

Nathan

it's been open for a month or so and it's in my hood but I still hadn't gotten around to checking it out until last night.

don't know what kept me. next door to Gusto and a couple blocks from Morandi, it's considerably more enjoyable than Morandi. go figure.

very gently priced small plates ($4-7). particularly recommend the mele e cottechino (sausage stuffed apples). pretty extensive wine list...about 20 selections by the glass. fair number of bottles too.

pretty space. crowd was entirely in their 20's and 30's and almost entirely female. mostly neighborhood.

sort of similar to Ino but with a smaller but more varied menu.

• 1 month later...

had a full meal here last night with a friend.

the menu has expanded (as has the wine list).

pig's trotter casserole thing was bland

baccala was good

selection of three salumi and two formaggi (you pick them) was excellent for this sort of thing...unlike many other wine bars...everything seems to come in a different preparation. for example, the speck comes wrapped around braised endive. lardo on toast. that sort of thing.

brussel sprout salad was well balanced.

• 3 months later...

the menu has expanded further. Wonderful lamb tripe dish. Nice list. I'm sitting here at the bar wondering why despite laudatory reviews from bruni and platt this place doesn't get more attention from foodies.

the menu has expanded further. Wonderful lamb tripe dish. Nice list. I'm sitting here at the bar wondering why despite laudatory reviews from bruni and platt this place doesn't get more attention from foodies.

I thought Bruni panned it, no?
Mayur Subbarao, aka "Mayur"

I thought Bruni panned it, no?

not at all. it was a very positive review. same for Terroir.