• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ferrara in Rome?

oggi

I'll be headed to Rome on the 26th of January, and a friend has recommended a restaurant called Ferrara. Has anyone been there? I'm curious about everything from anything that you found particularly tasty, good, bad, etc. I've only got a few days in Rome and have explored the existing posts about dining in Rome, but certainly if there are any new spots that I should know of that would be fantastic.

</Oggi>

"coffee should be black as Hell, strong as death and sweet as love" - Turkish Proverb

I'll be headed to Rome on the 26th of January, and a friend has recommended a restaurant called Ferrara.  Has anyone been there? I'm curious about everything from anything that you found particularly tasty, good, bad, etc.  I've only got a few days in Rome and have explored the existing posts about dining in Rome, but certainly if there are any new spots that I should know of that would be fantastic.

Enoteca Ferrara, in Trastevere, has a shop, a wine bar, and an upscale restaurant. It gets consistently good marks from the Gambero Rosso guide, and is the only place in Rome on which I disagree with them strenuously. I liked it the first time I went, but the second time, maybe 2-3 years ago, I thought it a major ripoff, bad food, high prices, and my husband was outraged. A number of friends agree with me.

Maureen B. Fant
www.maureenbfant.com

www.elifanttours.com

• 1 month later...