• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Martha Stewart for Costco

pansophia

My husband and I were doing our rounds at Costco yesterday when something caught my eye in the refrigerated food/meals section. It would seem that Martha Stewart's new food line is starting to appear.

So far it was limited to soup; minestrone, tomato, and mushroom. They were being sold as a two-pack of probably 32oz tubs (at a guess). We didn't bring any home this time as we had other stops to make (though I'm not sure why I was worried about leaving food in the car when it was 2 degrees out!). I plan on going back this week for the things we forgot and I think I'll pick up the mushroom soup.

Has anyone seen anything else? Has anyone tried it?

"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats."

--

food.craft.life.

The Lunch Crunch - Our daily struggle to avoid boring lunches

My husband and I were doing our rounds at Costco yesterday when something caught my eye in the refrigerated food/meals section.  It would seem that Martha Stewart's new food line is starting to appear.

So far it was limited to soup; minestrone, tomato, and mushroom.  They were being sold as a two-pack of probably 32oz tubs (at a guess).  We didn't bring any home this time as we had other stops to make (though I'm not sure why I was worried about leaving food in the car when it was 2 degrees out!).  I plan on going back this week for the things we forgot and I think I'll pick up the mushroom soup.

Has anyone seen anything else?  Has anyone tried it?

Haven't seen Martha Stewart food, but my local Costco was selling frozen packages of Charlie Trotter Duck Confit. I picked one up out of curiosity, but haven't cooked it yet. I wonder if its the same company licensing both of their names.

Haven't seen Martha Stewart food, but my local Costco was selling frozen packages of Charlie Trotter Duck Confit. 

Please let us know if the Duck Confit is worth trying. I was ambivalent about buying it last time I saw it.

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

I don't know who is producing the Trotter products (and will have to keep an eye out for them) but I get the impression that the Martha line is produced by her and Kirkland (their store brand).

Articlehttp://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/314342_costco04.html

"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats."

--

food.craft.life.

The Lunch Crunch - Our daily struggle to avoid boring lunches

I've had both the mushroom and tomato soups. The mushroom soup was a solid rendition of a mushroom puree with a little sherry but the tomato outshines it. Rich tasting but without an overload of cream - just tomatoes, onions, butter, chix broth and a little garlic. It has a bright orangey color and a clean fresh taste.

Worth a smile - the recipe inside the cardboard slip case is for grilled cheese sandwiches.

i saw a martha stewart ham at costco at christmas...didn't try it, don't know what makes it particularly "martha" other than the brand. i would LOVE to find some duck confit at my costco!

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

i saw a martha stewart ham at costco at christmas...didn't try it, don't know what makes it particularly "martha" other than the brand.

I admit I saw her pushing these on her show. She says they are humanely raised (she's checked out the farm), no hormones/antibiotics (I can't remember if they get organic feed, too)..anyway, I am not a Costco shopper but I imagine that would make them different than the standard meat they sell? They will come back for Easter.