• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

10 Worst Foods of 2007: a look backward to be sure

Gifted Gourmet

article here

who is John McGran?

Topping the list:

1. Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Six Dollar Burger

2. Pizza Hut Double Deep Pizza

3. El Monterey XX Large Chimichanga

4. Denny’s Meat Lover’s Scramble

and the list goes on and on ... so the real question is this: what horrific food offerings await us in this new year of 2008?

more of the same? Something which puts the 2007 offerings to shame?

Your opinion?

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I had incorrectly assumed that when they spoke of the top ten "worst food", they meant as in Sandra Lee-ish bad. :biggrin:

But this is just another "fast food is not good for your health" lists. I can't say that I've tried any of the top 10 items but the year is still young. :wink:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

ah, I too thought you meant bad tasting. :)

the constant fast-food industry bashing is so old school. :) I say we start bashing mid-priced "family" restaurants instead. Case in point - when I was dieting, I looked at the nutrition information for the Yardhouse Restaurant (small chain) and almost keeled over right there. BBQ Chicken Salad? Yep, that'll cost ya 1655 calories. The Penne with Roasted Chicken? 1645. Ginger Crusted Salmon (oh how healthy! or maybe not...) at 1440. How about the baby back ribs at a WHOPPING 2275?? Isn't that higher than the recommended amount of calorie A DAY for a woman? Goodness...

Yardhouse Nutrition Info

Got to agree with the above poster, and I might even go a little farther. I find the "look at how bad all that fast food is" articles to be tired and elitist. I doubt food at a mid priced or even high end restaraunt is any better for you. Anyone want to think about how much fat is in an order of pommes Robuchon?

Big portions of meat and cheese are high in fat and calories. Anything else new?