• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

charity game dinner?

newguy

Is this a dinner with an all-game menu with proceeds benefiting charity? In NJ? Any sense of northern/central/southern part of the state? Just looking for some clarification... What did you hear or where did you hear about it?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I don't know if this is the event that you are referring to or if it is even a charity event, but this game dinner at Christopher's? in Brunswick is affiliated with D'Artagnan and will feature game from d'Artagnan. So far as I know only one chef is doing this. I suspect that this is not what you are referring to, but it may be a very good alternative if you can't find what you are looking for.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

This was in my Inbox--from a VERY reliable source.

"The game dinner was held at Perona Farms every second tuesday of the new

year. Chefs from all over the country would fish/hunt year round, pack it in ice

and ship it to Perona Farms. Then all of us would prep the food for three days...

and we would eat for 5 hours. We had over 30 courses ranging from Turtle Soup with Morels to Beaver Pot Pies. It was so much fun and we raised a ton of money for charity. Also a lot of big name chefs would come and cook. Jean-Louis, Ming Tsai..."

Is THAT what you were asking about?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."