• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Battery Chicken On Telly

I direct knowledge of the efforts they went to trying to find crappy schools to fit their agenda

Yes, I bet that was difficult. Go out the door, turn right and stop at the first school you come to.

That's unfair and demonstrably untrue Andy.

I trust your restaurant reviews are better informed, more accurate and show greater respect to the people who work in them.

I have two children, aged 14 and 10, both at different schools in Brighton. Both take packed lunches. That's my experience, which seemed to be echoed in the Jamie's School Dinners series. I take it that your's is different. Do you, or someone you know, work in the industry?

I respect your experience and action regarding your childrens’ dinners at school.

However, correct me if I’m wrong, I interpret your earlier post as meaning that anyone following your walking instructions would be certain to pass either a school serving crappy dinners, or a crappy school. i.e. you are implying that all schools are crappy in one or other regard. I'd be interested in your evidence for this.