• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steve Shaw on Food Talk

abooja

If you go to the WOR website's page for Food Talk, you can listen to the recording of the broadcast. I was on for the second half.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Hey, that was interesting even though I manage about 4 or 5 visits to NYC per decade.

I agree that Vancouver is a dim sum destination, best dim sum I've ever had.

Finally, an actual voice to go with all the written words - the two are a good match.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

Let us know when you return. That was interesting and I look forward to hearing more.

So I guess it's not a big deal that they keep referring, in the show as well on their website, to eGullet.com as opposed to eGullet.org?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Yeah, as much as it bugs me I've given up on trying to correct people on that point. It just makes me sound prissy when I do it. We have the redirects from eGullet.com to eGullet.org so there's no harm done if people type in the wrong URL.

I should be back on in a couple of months. I'll try to post advance notice here.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Yeah, as much as it bugs me I've given up on trying to correct people on that point. It just makes me sound prissy when I do it. We have the redirects from eGullet.com to eGullet.org so there's no harm done if people type in the wrong URL.

I should be back on in a couple of months. I'll try to post advance notice here.

When I noticed the incorrect address on their web site and in the podcast, I typed it in to see what would happen and was happy to see the re-direct occur. The re-direct is a Martha Stewart "good thing".

edited for spelking :wink:

Edited by Toliver (log)

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver