• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jefferson Diner(and maybe others)

suzilightning

stopped by Jefferson Diner in beautiful Jefferson township way up here in the back of beyond to pick up some takeaway and there was a banner proclaiming that the segment featuring them will be at 10 pm on 28 January. i checked the Food Networks page but they don't post the schedule that far in advance.

unfortunately that also conflicts with No Reservations on the Travel Channel.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Is Yetter's still around in that area?  I remember when they were packed because traffic would be backed up for hours by that traffic light, and people took a food break...

it's now called The "New" Yetters and it is still around. there is also The Chatterbox with a 50's theme before you get to the light on the same side of the road.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

unfortunately this seem to have gone to their heads. this is what i experienced a week or two ago:

the last time i tipped 15% was at a local diner when there obviously weren't enough servers and the owners were so busy reveling in their recent "Food TV" apearence that they didn't see i had sat for 1/4 hour without touching anything on my plate waiting for the server to come by and a) give me my check and b) bring a takeout box for the leftover food. when i paid the bill the owner said "how was it" and i honestly said " the burger was a bit over cooked but edible" (i asked for it medium rare and it was medium well) and that i thought they might be a bit light on help for the volume of patrons since i had to wait so long for my server to get back to me to box the food up and deliver the check - not that she had time to ask if the food was cooked properly. all i got from the former owner was a blank look.

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites