• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edible Googly Eyes Demo (link)

achevres

Edible Eyes

I saw this on another site and I'm sure someone in egullet will appreciate it. I know in most baking contests everything has to be edible. Here they use the end of an empty gelatin capsule and a large non-pareil and embed the capsule part into half of a malted milk ball.

This is my favorite part:

Applications

It has been clear for some time that a great many foods are improved by the judicious application of googly eyes. Obviously the one flaw in that scheme-- up to now-- has been that the foods were no longer edible. Removing this restriction opens a world of possibilities. As with many new technologies, the applications are nearly endless, and only time will tell whether this development ever sees its true potential.

What makes that link so great is that the googly eyes are used to make Flying Spaghetti Monster treats! How awesome is THAT? :laugh:

Applications

It has been clear for some time that a great many foods are improved by the judicious application of googly eyes. Obviously the one flaw in that scheme-- up to now-- has been that the foods were no longer edible. Removing this restriction opens a world of possibilities. As with many new technologies, the applications are nearly endless, and only time will tell whether this development ever sees its true potential.

What makes that link so great is that the googly eyes are used to make Flying Spaghetti Monster treats! How awesome is THAT? :laugh:

Yep.

Those unaware of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, but interested in finding out more, click here: Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Edited to add link.

Edited by JohnnyH (log)

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

Applications

Did you click the "judicious application" link? The sushi is too much! :laugh:

If I can get those clear capsules here and those colored sugary balls, I'd be happy to whip up a batch of googly eyes cookies. I'd like to see the look on my hubby's face and his feloow teachers (koreans) when I bring these um, cookies to his school. :biggrin:

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos