• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What can you not live without?

cugel_the_clever

Pork and all its variations: Bacon, pancetta, salumi, charcuterie, fresh sausages, chops, ribs, shoulder, BBQ.

I realized this when good salami was the one thing that prevented my sister from being a vegetarian. She said she never felt the desire to eat chicken or beef in any form, but a slice of salami was like crack. I think the same would be true for me.

raw fish.

yes.... sushi for me

I thought raw fish was sashimi, sushi does not have to contain fish at all.

"sushi" is generally raw fish (or cooked, or anything else really) with rice and a shmear of wasabi. "sashimi" is raw fish alone. the term "sushi," however, is often used to describe both when one isn't being too specific. at least here in the states.

raw fish.

yes.... sushi for me

I thought raw fish was sashimi, sushi does not have to contain fish at all.

Let me clarify...

I meant: yes... I like raw fish very much... but for me, the food item that I can't live without is sushi...

Sorry about the confusion

Apples. Specifically a fresh, fall Fuji from Ha's Apple Farm in Tehachapi, CA. Admittedly I don't live in the apple capital of the world, but these are well worth craving and if I had to, I could live on them. And for those of you who mentioned water, it's included!

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

I was addressing a JOHNSON, for fuck's sake.   :biggrin:

I will also address a Johnson...

Regardless of what there was to ingest,

I could not live without Mr Johnson and the Juice Crew...

...thanks guys!

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.