• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tic Gums--molecular gastronomy supplies

chiantiglace

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that my friends at TIC just let me know that they opened up their retail line FINALLY. so all you people paying $16 a pound for xanthan gum and higher can now buy all these hydrocolloids and more, plus personalized blends for $3 - $4 for 1/2lb.

https://qnet.e-quantum2k.com/~brite/Custom/...od-list-jwf.cgi

THANK YOU TIC.

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea

I dont know why its not working but thats not the link either.

go to www.ticgums.com

then go to "whats new". Underneath that is a link to "culinary kit". Once you click that go to "individuals" and it will take you to the destination of the link I originally posted.

They are aware of how difficult it is to get there right now and the marketing people should probably make it easier soon.

best of luck.

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that my friends at TIC just let me know that they opened up their retail line FINALLY.  so all you people paying $16 a pound for xanthan gum and higher can now buy all these hydrocolloids and more, plus personalized blends for $3 - $4 for 1/2lb.

https://qnet.e-quantum2k.com/~brite/Custom/...od-list-jwf.cgi

THANK YOU TIC.

Well, I don't know if I managed to find the right link but it looks like they are charging $ 25 per 0.5 lbs or more.

Well, I don't know if I managed to find the right link but it looks like they are charging $ 25 per 0.5 lbs or more.

That's the prices I found as well. I was hoping they might carry locust bean gum, no such luck. That stuff's a pain to find in smaller quantities.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

That's the prices I found as well. I was hoping they might carry locust bean gum, no such luck. That stuff's a pain to find in smaller quantities.

I'm pretty sure Le Sanctuaire carries locust bean gum. (www.le-sanctuaire.com)

Thanks! Their shopping cart won't let me check out (says UPS ground doen't deliver to my address but they do, I get stuff that way all the time) so I'm going to drop them an email and find out if they accept orders from Canada.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.