• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef David Brawley: Where is he now?

saltshaker

I'm going to be visiting Dallas next week and have an old friend from the NY restaurant scene who last I heard was working as a pastry chef in Dallas. His name is David Brawley, I've lost track of him, the last place I know he worked was as pastry chef for the N9NE Steakhouse and Nove, but they don't know where he's moved on to. Hoping someone out there knows where he's gotten himself to...?

Thanks!

Edited by saltshaker (log)

SaltShaker - Casting a little flavor (and a few aspersions) on the world of food, drink, and life

Casa SaltShaker - Restaurant de Puertas Cerradas

Spanish-English-Spanish Food & Wine Dictionary - a must for any traveler!

• 2 weeks later...

Last report (Summer 2007) is that David is working with executive chef Kevin Ascolese. They are the opening chefs at a couple of new restaurants (and revamping others) in Dallas for Patrizio Restaurant owner Ed Bailey.

Hmmm... thanks for the shot at it, but Kevin hasn't been the chef at Patrizio for more than a year... and couldn't find anyone who seems to know where they've all gone off to. Ah well, I leave tomorrow, but it was worth giving it a shot.

SaltShaker - Casting a little flavor (and a few aspersions) on the world of food, drink, and life

There is something from 2007 about a restaurant called 'Toulouse' that mentions him as pastry chef. Can't attach a link from this darned PC unfortunately.

Yeah, unfortunately, not there either anymore - tried there, tried the N9NE group where he used to be... he seems to have simply disappeared from the local food scene... perhaps he's just not in Dallas anymore.

Well, although I didn't reach him, I did finally track him down to the Dallas Culinary Institute where he's now teaching. Unfortunately by the time I found out, it was late Friday, he'd left for the day and won't get my message until Monday... ah well, such is the way life goes some times.

Thanks to all for the help in digging into this!

Edited by saltshaker (log)