• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alton Brown re-signs with Food Network

PDC

• 1 month later...

"Iron Chef Showdown" is back for another season and so is snarky know-it-all emcee Alton Brown. ¬¬

Meh.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

6 minutes ago, Toliver said:

"Iron Chef Showdown" is back for another season and so is snarky know-it-all emcee Alton Brown. ¬¬

Meh.

I could use less snark from him. And bring back that old drunk Jeffery Steingarten as a judge.

But it was OK

• Like 3

@kayb 

Justin Wilson '

Ooooh Weeee !

got to de-slime the Okra !

yep   

and a Jug of Wine w a finger hole !

might have been this one :

mkWf44w0mMwf8nRCwuPu3mg.jpg.96d9da0d2cc97512bc0c8c0ca1a19285.jpg

they were always green !

and here he is :

↵ Use original player
By taaral
YouTube
← Replay
X
i

and more here 

justin wilson youtube

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

On 11/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, kayb said:

I'll show my age with this one. But my very favorite TV chef EVER was Justin Wilson. I could listen to him all day.

Of today's crop, Jacques Pepin.

I met JW at a book signing in Leawood, KS. Seemed like a very nice guy, and funny. 

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

I was present at DragonCon when he announced this to the room - was pretty cool to see the cast of good eats up on stage with A.B.

We were big fans of Good Eats - have most of his cookbooks and reference them often.  We also actually like Cutthroat Kitchen - watch it though Amazon though since we don't get cable.

Best part of this new good eats - don't need Food Network - it'll be streamed (tbd what the cost is) and streamed will have more footage.

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Id like to know when anyone sees this new show.

I can't figure out how to find out

:/

It's not out yet :)  I follow AB on Facebook - I'll make sure I come back here once it is :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raamo said:

I was present at DragonCon when he announced this to the room - was pretty cool to see the cast of good eats up on stage with A.B.

We were big fans of Good Eats - have most of his cookbooks and reference them often.  We also actually like Cutthroat Kitchen - watch it though Amazon though since we don't get cable.

Best part of this new good eats - don't need Food Network - it'll be streamed (tbd what the cost is) and streamed will have more footage.

Are you saying that Good Eats is coming back?

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Are you saying that Good Eats is coming back?

Not to toot my own horn, but back on September 7th, I posted this post (click).

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 1 year later...

The first episode of Season 15 is streaming on the Food Network app prior to its airdate of 8/25. It's about Chicken Parm and it's in the classic GE Format. I have seriously missed this show.

Edit: found a FN link here: https://watch.foodnetwork.com/tv-shows/good-eats/full-episodes/american-classic-chicken-parm

Edit 2: YouTube link: https://youtu.be/5kg6regArFY

Edited by Vapre (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

yes.  I tend to agree.

the Pre-Amble ReDo shows were 

a terrible thing to see

I think AB had his time

and I enjoyed the shows back then.

even when they got tedious .

• Like 1

I watched the chicken parm episode.  I thought it was pleasingly nostalgic.  I never hated Good Eats to begin with, and I'm not likely to start hating it now.  The last season before the break felt like he was running out of ideas, and now that he's had a good long time to think up new stuff, I'm optimistic. 

Edited by cdh (log)
  • Like 7

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

1 hour ago, cdh said:

I watched the chicken parm episode.  I thought it was pleasingly nostalgic.  I never hated Good Eats to begin with, and I'm not likely to start hating it now.  The last season before the break felt like he was running out of ideas, and now that he's had a good long time to think up new stuff, I'm optimistic. 

He did an 'Ask Me Anything' on Reddit today and some upcoming show topics include immersion circulators, steak tartare, and wild sourdough.

• Like 5

TV Guide listings:

8/25 10PM EST : Chicken Parm

10:30: Ancient grains (Amaranth, Chia, Quinoa)

9/1 10 PM EST: Sauces (sequel to 'Hittin' the Sauce')

10:30:  Immersion Circulators

Edit: Food Network

Edited by Vapre (log)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vapre said:

He did an 'Ask Me Anything' on Reddit today and some upcoming show topics include immersion circulators, steak tartare, and wild sourdough.

No, really??!!  Immersion circulators - who'da thunk it?!

And looking back at this thread, anyone mentioning this guy in the same breath as Julia, Jacques, et al. needs to really rethink what the hell they're thinking. They were ground breaking; this guy is recycling.

• Like 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?