• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rediscovering Common Foods

that's almost as good as a poached egg on toast.

:wub:

Speaking of eggs:

I have managed to trade access to the bounty of a South Jersey vegetable garden for a boss who has a small farm in Bucks County and raises chickens for eggs.

Until I had one of those eggs, I hadn't realized how much better a really fresh egg tasted, and how much more vivid the yellow of the yolks.

Boss assures me that she will have tomatoes too in season. I really did luck out getting this job!

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

• 3 weeks later...

Homemade egg salad on homemade white bread. So simple, yet so delicious.

And I keep the egg salad VERY basic - warm hard boiled eggs, salt, freshly ground pepper & mayo. YUM.

I don't know if I'd ever actually had creamed spinach before, or just read about it, but I made it for the first time the other night and it was fantastic. What a wonderful comfort food.

This is another one of my favorites. Served with a broiled porterhouse steak and mashed potatoes, it just doesn't get much better than that.