• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

top 11 aol

chopjwu12

Did anyone happen to see the top 11 aol restaurants? Restaurant nicholas was on there. i guess the list coinsided with the zagat rating of 29's. But its still preety cool.

As was Xaviar's (at Piermont). Yes, I saw the list. I didn't think that much of it, although the Gary Danko inclusion makes all the sense to me. Top notch restaurant IMO, and widely respected and accepted as one of the best.

Tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. are like ice cream and Baskin Robbins has what? 33 flavors and counting, LOL.

I enjoy reading "lists" but put very little credibility in them. First, I take it with a grain of salt, depending on where and who it's coming from. Second, if I can surmise some opinions coming from the person who wrote the review, and there is something I can really get my arms around, then it might help me. However, who knows the reviewer's tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. compared to mine.

This list, coming from AOL, I'll pass, LOL.

Eric

Edited by ELA (log)