• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amy's Coupons - Hooray!

Shel_B

Yesterday I recived a bunch of coupons from Amy's, maker of many organic frozen dinners, entrés, pizzas, canned soups, and sauces (if you don't already know - http://www.amys.com/). Many of these coupons are for substantial amounts, including a few coupons that allow for free items. A catalogue of Amy's products was sent along with the coupons - sheesh! There sure are a lot of choices.

I want to get an Amy's roasted vegetable pizza, and maybe a spinach pizza, along with some other items I sometimes buy. But that leaves more than 150 items that I've not tried, which brings me to the question: What's your favorite Amy's item(s)? With all these coupons, now seems like a good time to experiment with new choices.

Thanks for your suggestion!

shel

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

Yesterday I recived a bunch of coupons from Amy's, maker of many organic frozen dinners, entrés, pizzas, canned soups, and sauces (if you don't already know).  Many of these coupons are for substantial amounts, including a few coupons that allow for free items.  A catalogue of Amy's products was sent along with the coupons - sheesh!  There sure are a lot of choices.

I want to get an Amy's roasted vegetable pizza, and maybe a spinach pizza, along with some other items I  sometimes buy.  But that leaves more than 150 items that I've not tried, which brings me to the question: What's your favorite Amy's item(s)?  With all these coupons, now seems like a good time to experiment with new choices.

Thanks for your suggestion!

shel

i like some of the texmex entrees and the shepherd's pie. how did you get the coupons?

i like some of the texmex entrees and the shepherd's pie. how did you get the coupons?

I sent the comapny an email asking about the availability of a product, and along with the response I was offered a brochure and some coupons.

shel

... Shel

Amy's has a veggie pizza with a cornmeal crust which is tasty. I recently tried one of the Indian meals (Palak Paneer, with lentils and rice). I picked it because I'm trying to limit fat and traditional Indian prep is very high in fat. This meal was savory and satisfying.

Edited by BeeZee (log)

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Amy's has a veggie pizza with a cornmeal crust which is tasty. I recently tried one of the Indian meals (Palak Paneer, with lentils and rice). I picked it because I'm trying to limit fat and traditional Indian prep is very high in fat. This meal was savory and satisfying.

Hi, and thanks!

The ingredients on the Paneer entres look pretty good. I'll probably grab one or two, including the Palak Paneer.

shel

... Shel

I sent the comapny an email asking about the availability of a product, and along with the response I was offered a brochure and some coupons.

shel

Hmmn, hope this works for me! I just emailed them too.

I like a lot of their offerings, but I do find myself buying the Indian-style foods, the shepherds pie, and their canned cream of mushroom soup. It is easily the best canned mushroom soup I have ever had, and it ends up as a base for a lot of quick meals in my kitchen.

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

I like a lot of their offerings, but I do find myself buying the Indian-style foods, the shepherds pie, and their canned cream of mushroom soup. It is easily the best canned mushroom soup I have ever had, and it ends up as a base for a lot of quick meals in my kitchen.

OK, I'll check out the 'shroom soup. Tks.

shel

... Shel

My college "corner store" had some Amy's stuff for sale (to pay with, ideally, your meal plan), and I often found myself most often buying - besides the plain or spinach pizza - the burritos (the first thing I had of theirs, when I was still in high school) and sometimes the "hot pocket"-like things because they were good to have around when I was in a rush between classes/activities and had little time to cook. For frozen stuff it was pretty good, and very handy to have around. I for those pocket sandwich things, the ones I've had were the spinach (and feta?), the cheese pizza, and "cheez pizza" (non-dairy, though you wouldn't know if you tasted it).

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

Agreed, the mushroom soup rocks. A lot of their stuff is really pretty good. Really like the enchiladas, both the veggie and the cheese, and like the indian entrees too.

I once sent them an email thanking them for making such good frozen food. They sent me a TON of coupons, lots of them were freebies too.

Born Free, Now Expensive

• 1 year later...

I love the Amy's Indian meals, but every time I go to the store, I see that they jacked the prices up on them again.

Does anyone have copycat recipes for them? I've never made Indian food before, so this would be a new adventure for me.

Thanks in Advance -

Theresa :biggrin:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln