• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spiegelau wine glasses

Darren72

Is anyone familiar with the differences between Spiegelau's Vino Grande line and their Authentis line? Both retail at Amazon for about $55 for 6 glasses, though the "list price" of the Authentis is about $20 higher.

Vino Grande Burgundy glasses

Authentis Burgundy glasses

We have a lot of Vino Grande glasses and are quite happy with them. Any pointers about how the Authentis glasses may differ is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Darren72 (log)

boy, we miss those amazon deals a few years back, before riedel bought spiegelau...used to pay $4 per glass (sometimes buy one, get one!), free shipping...still have a few boxes stashed...those were the days! thanks, eG! (this is where we found out about the great deal.)

i think the main difference is the shape at the bottom of the bowl. authentis have a more angular shape, while the vino grandes are rounded.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook