• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

From Corporate Law to Specialty Foods

MichaelB

After 26 years of practicing corporate transactional law at large regional firms, I walked away from it this week.

Effective January 2, I started a specialty foods company focused on traditionally produced smoked and cured fish and meats. My first product will be a European style cold smoked salmon. I expect that first product to be available within 60 to 90 days at the company website or a Midwestern location near you.

The tentative name for this venture is “Just Cured.” I will keep the community posted on the progress of this venture and invite comment and discussion along the way.

More details and discussion from non-community members may be found at the Just Cured Website

Happy New Year to all,

Michael

Note: This is a replacement topic to one I posted on Jan 3.

Edited by MichaelB (log)

To quote from you web site :

" Just Cured is a working name. "

My question here is, are you referring to yourself just being cured from your former job, or are you referring to the curing of your product(s) to indicate how fresh the product is ?

Peter

To quote from you web site :

" Just Cured is a working name. "

My question here is, are you referring to yourself just being cured from your former job, or are you referring to the curing of your product(s) to indicate how fresh the product is ?

You are not the first to make that association. I only wish I had been the first to think of it that way.

The primary meaning of "just" in the name is "only" as I intend to limit the product offerings to cured and smoked products.

Michael

Cheese? For the love of God man tell me you will offer cheese.

Come to think of it though what the hell do I know about business. Cheese could force you right back into the corporate world.

"And in the meantime, listen to your appetite and play with your food."

Alton Brown, Good Eats