• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Display case help!

Bruiser

I'm having trouble finding countertop display cases. Unfortunately, my boss wasn't thinking straight when he began renovations at our new cafe/bakery. The barista station in front is where everything is being diplayed.

Right now we are using cake stands to display the pastries, but there is never enough room. Plus all refrigerated items are kept in the back.

I'm trying to find a display that is no more than 14 inches deep (REALLY narrow counters) and about 3 feet wide, with two shelves.

Also, I'm looking for one refrigerated display case with the same dimensions.

I know we can have custom displays built but Im nervous that it will be incredibly expensive. It's a brand new business so we have to be careful.

Thanks!

I'm having trouble finding countertop display cases. Unfortunately, my boss wasn't thinking straight when he began renovations at our new cafe/bakery. The barista station in front is where everything is being diplayed.

Right now we are using cake stands to display the pastries, but there is never enough room. Plus all refrigerated items are kept in the back.

I'm trying to find a display that is no more than 14 inches deep (REALLY narrow counters) and about 3 feet wide, with two shelves.

I know we can have custom displays built but Im nervous that it will be incredibly expensive. It's a brand new business so we have to be careful.

Thanks!

I had the same question a while back and here is what my helpful fellow eG'ers came up with.

Thanks!

I had the same question a while back and here is what my helpful fellow eG'ers came up with.

:wub: thanks

do you know if the acrylic cracks when something warm is in the display?

i noticed this when i would put warm muffins, sticky bins, etc. on cake stands with the plastic lids. Either we'd end up with spider cracks or the lid would crack altogether.

Kerry, it might just be me but the link didn't work.

I have scoured the universe for such cases.

I can try to post a link or two later today.

On a side note-ish, I am getting ready to get the food department, I mean like snacks going in the bookstore. Which includes some carefully chosen plexiglas displays like these. Kind of exciting.