• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Demo Video of a chocolatier

Lior

Cardinal chocolatier makes some chocoalte

I got this from my local forum and decided to share it. Nothing really new or amazing, but nice. Eli of Cardinal Chocolates here uses only Valrhona and for some reason makes thin, thin plain bark from 70% Guanaja and 100% pate to get 80%. I am interested in knowing why he doesn't just use 80% . I guess it is a flavor thing. Well sorry that you can't understand the language but the pictures tell it all I think.

editted to tell you that you have to scroll down to get to the video-sorry!

Edited by Lior (log)

I'm not sure if this is the reason but pate de cacao has a different percentage cocoa butter to normal chocolate. I can't remember if it has more of less but I think it's more. I suppose by combining the two you might be able to get something with less cocoa solids and more cocoa butter than what is normally available on the market. Unless I'm wrong about which percentage is higher in which case you'd do it to get something with more cocoa solids and less cocoa butter :rolleyes: .