• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate

HQAntithesis

I had the chance to see it at the Salon du Chocolat in Paris and it seemed good. I'm thinking about ordering it now but am reconsidering it because of the hefty price tag. Has anyone else seen it? What do you think? Here's the link for information about it on chips books: http://chipsbooks.com/chocramn.htm

Wow, that's really suprising you guys found it so cheap. The price I got from Chocovic, where the chef is based, quoted me 150 euros, plus a minimum of 30 euros shipping (just to ship it from Spain to France!)... that would come to about 250USD I think! Now shall I or shan't I argh...

I have it and it is interesting to look at. I haven't made anything from it yet though. I love how his bonbons are decorated. It is also available at Chef Rubber.

Choux, could you please tell me more about the science/philosophy explained in his book: for example I think he discussed the use of chocolate in mousses and the use of truffle in gateaux but I'm not sure what else there is. Did you those bits of any interest/use?