• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate

apronstrings

I have been asked to make Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate for a party. The recipe calls for "3 Godiva Flowers", both black and white. What are these, and about how much does each one weigh? I want to be as close to the original recipe as possible. Thanks!

I have been asked to make Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate for a party. The recipe calls for "3 Godiva Flowers", both black and white. What are these, and about how much does each one weigh? I want to be as close to the original recipe as possible. Thanks!

I don't know. Is it perhaps a typo meaning Godiva flavors ?

I don't know. Is it perhaps a typo meaning Godiva flavors ?

I think that might be right. I Googled "serendipity frozen hot chocolate recipe" and everything I've found so far calls for a variety of different chocolates, but no "flowers" - of course, none of them mention Godiva either.

Example: the recipe as it exists on Oprah's website (it was the first hit).

No pictures I've found have any flowers of any kind, either.

I'm no authority on their frozen hot chocolate though. Any place that brags about having the world's most expensive dessert is way too bourgeois for me. :wink:

Edited by feedmec00kies (log)

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

I haven't been to a Godiva shop for ages...but I recall seeing solid chocolate flowers, such as daisies--flower only, no stem there. Maybe 1/2 ounce each at most, about 1 1/2 inches across.