• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for Skewered Mutton

jhirshon

Can anyone translate this? :)

Cheers, JH

1、从超级市场买回新鲜的羊肉(可选购:鱼),竹签(可选种类:铁),调料:孜然粉,辣椒粉,盐,番茄酱等� �可根据自己口味选购)

2.然后就是把肉类切成小块,不要太大,要不然就不容易熟透。切好后拿竹签穿好,调料分好就可以了。

3.就是准备炭和烧烤的器具。(要是有可以用于烤煎炸的器具就省事多了)

4.就是烤的过程了(省略......)

5.吃完后记得把东西收好准备下次再用。(如果在郊外记得把垃圾带走保护环境)

注:如果比较懒得话,可以买商家直接做好调料的成品自己烤着吃,毕竟享受的是过程和结果嘛!

Can anyone translate this? :)

Cheers, JH

1、从超级市场买回新鲜的羊肉(可选购:鱼),竹签(可选种类:铁),调料:孜然粉,辣椒粉,盐,番茄酱等� �可根据自己口味选购)

2.然后就是把肉类切成小块,不要太大,要不然就不容易熟透。切好后拿竹签穿好,调料分好就可以了。

3.就是准备炭和烧烤的器具。(要是有可以用于烤煎炸的器具就省事多了)

4.就是烤的过程了(省略......)

5.吃完后记得把东西收好准备下次再用。(如果在郊外记得把垃圾带走保护环境)

注:如果比较懒得话,可以买商家直接做好调料的成品自己烤着吃,毕竟享受的是过程和结果嘛!

1. At the supermarket buy some fresh lamb (or fish), bamboo or metal skewers, cumin powder (I think), chilli powder, salt, tomato sauce etc. (according to your taste)

2. cut the meat into small cubes, not too big otherwise it won't cook properly. After cutting put the meat which has been rubbed with ingredients onto the skewers.

3. you need to prepare the charcoal and the grill (can also use a wok (baking dish?)to make things easier)

4. leave until cooked

5. after eating remember to tidy up for next time. (If you are outside remember to put your rubbish in a bin)

ATTN: If it was too spicy, you can go to the supermarket and choose other ingredients, After all you are the one enjoying the result!

My paltry attempt at translation, I'm sure a better Chinese reader will be along in a minute to correct me! not sure about the cumin as I know a different set of characters for it (anyway it filled in a few minutes ha)

I like instruction #5

I don't think this can be remotely considered as a recipe.

The most useful sentence is #1, which said to use cumin powder, chili powder, salt and tomato paste. (But no proportion given.)

The rest is just to grill the meat until cooked.

Maybe I can come up with a recipe saying Indian curry is made by... oh, just a mix of different spices.

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

I think the point is that there is no "REAL recipe". As the original article says "After all you are the one enjoying the result!"

I know the local Xinjiang kebab stalls round here make them differently for each customer, asking, "Do you want this?" "Do you want that?" "More?"

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto