• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Best of 2007!

John Talbott

I've only seen one list of the Best 10 and that was in Optimum (Figaroscope's Best are in 6-month chunks) and consisted of:

La Reserve in Nice

Le Meurice

Rech

Le Grand Pan in Paris

Unami in Strasbourg

Le Pre Catalan in Paris

Le 1947 in Courcheval

Il Vino in Paris

Since no one else has started a topic on "Best of 2007," I've gotten over my bashfulness and I'll throw out my 10 - sort of in order:

Le Clocher Pereire

Rech

l'Epigramme

l'Entetee

Afaria

Le Grand Pan

Cafe Breizh

l'Oxalis

Villa Corse Rive Droite

Spring for its lunch now

But very close behind are Garance + le Cafe qui Parle.

To add a new category, here are the Golden Oldies:

Ze Kitchen Galerie

l'Ecallier du Bistrot

Fables de la Fontaine

Repaire de Cartouche

Au Gourmand

Le Mediterranee

Spring for dinner

And a final group - those we loved but are now dropped off the list:

Thierry Burlot

Villaret

Bon Acceuil

Les Bouquinistes

Le Table d'Anvers

Chez Rene

Le Moulin de la Galette

Carte Blanche

La Marlotte

Happy New Year all!

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

....those we loved but are now dropped off the list:

Thierry Burlot

Villaret

Bon Acceuil

Les Bouquinistes

Le Table d'Anvers

Chez Rene

Le Moulin de la Galette

Carte Blanche

La Marlotte

Happy New Year all!

An interesting idea/list; I crossed B. A., Table, Bouquinistes and Marlotte off my list as well, but what prompted your removal of Carte Blanche, as I still enjoyed it as of last Oct.? A slip in product, service, inventiveness??? Enquiring minds want to know.

An interesting idea/list; I crossed B. A., Table, Bouquinistes and Marlotte off my list as well, but what prompted your removal of Carte Blanche, as I still enjoyed it as of last Oct.? A slip in product, service, inventiveness??? Enquiring minds want to know. 

I thought I'd hear from you on this one.

Well, my dentist food buddy and I went in November and had an off-putting meal; I didn't take notes unfortunately; I guess the product was OK, but it paled in comparison with Ze for an innovative Asian-influenced meal, which we ate at 5 days later.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris